Courage To Connect NJ is a non-profit 501(c)3 and a nonpartisan organization whose purpose is to educate the public about the impact of “Home Rule,” provide venues for public engagement and present a model for connecting communities’ administrative structures including Fire Districts, School Districts and Municipal governments.
"The lines on the geopolitical map of New Jersey were drawn by men with political and/or economic agendas . . . today the costs of maintaining New Jersey’s multiple and redundant jurisdictions mounts into the billions of dollars."
Alan J. Karcher,
Multiple Municipal Madness
What we do:
- Support citizen and government efforts through the state-mandated consolidation process, providing guidance according to the CtoCNJ Guidebook.
- Help develop short- and long-term strategic plans for local consolidation efforts
- Provide templates for resolutions and/or petitions required by citizens’ groups and governing bodies.
- Interface with state elected and appointed officials on behalf of municipal consolidation groups.
- Provide support at any meetings with other towns, state agencies or the public.
- Provide assistance to help navigate potential roadblocks and difficulties, based on experience with other communities.
- Offer assistance with advertising for Study Commissioners*
- Assist with financial resources for studies by identifying possible solutions.
- Provide a public relations strategy for any communications with the public or the media.
- Provide assistance with website and social media development.
- Provide access to experienced experts, state staff, local leaders and citizens from previous consolidation efforts for advice and guidance.
*Once a Municipal Study Commission has been formed, it becomes an official governing body.
CtoCNJ will no longer have any involvement unless formally requested by the Commission at a public meeting.