What are the steps to municipal consolidation in New Jersey?
How do I get started?
6 Steps to Consolidation
- Organize the supporters in your town. Contact Courage to Connect NJ about getting started.
- Prepare a draft application for the State.
- Get approval from town by local government resolution. Or get local approval by voter petition.
- Get approval from the NJ Local Finance Board to create a Consolidation Study Commission.
- The Consolidation Commission Study gets to work. The Consolidation Study Commission keeps you informed about their progress.
- Each town votes to approve consolidation.